Controllers Controllers

Enjoyable

That is the first word that comes to mind when I hear this song. Nothing is really out of place, nothing is in need of fixing or serious improvement. This is overall a very good song, easy to listen to. I especially love the length and the fact that the song doesn't change around too much; it creates an effect, sorta like you're floating through the song. Great song, and congrats on #1!

Mucky88 responds:

Thanks for the listen and the time it took to write a review like this. I love reading each one.

ParagonX9 - Chaoz Twilight ParagonX9 - Chaoz Twilight

Good song, but

To me, this doesn't belong with the other Chaoz songs. It just doesn't have the energy that all the other Chaoz songs have! It is still a good song, but I personally wouldn't include it in the Chaoz series.

As a song in itself, it is good, although it does still sound unfinished. The inconsistencies that you refer to as mood changes are too frequent, and cause the song to not flow very well at all. The transitions are stiff, abrupt, and too numerous. It's like you've combined several different song ideas into a compilation of unfinished songs; none of them ever really become anything more than a demo.

As another addition to the Chaoz series, this is a disappointment. As a ParagonX9 song, this is mediocre. As a song compared with the average Newgrounds song, this is a good song. I hope to see another true Chaoz song from you in the future! I hope the shortcomings of this song are simply a result of you feeling pressured to release another Chaoz piece, but if you are going in a different musical direction than my own preferences would like, more power to you, I'm sure it will work out great.

Lots and lots of BASS!!! Lots and lots of BASS!!!

Dude, this is pretty cool

I like that bass man, sounds sweet. The minimalism of the bass and snare is actually pretty cool, but not enough for almost 4 minutes of music! It gets very repetitive. It's still a really cool sound though, you should definitely work with it more and make a fuller song, maybe with a few different instruments added. Nice song dude!

DJSKY24 responds:

Thanks lol and your absolutely right haha it is extremely repetitive. I might try to work with it more. I'm just trying to get the hang of Ableton and Fruity Loops. thanks for you feedback :)

Cream Cheese (feat. Tom Fulp) Cream Cheese (feat. Tom Fulp)

Hahaha yes

I couldn't stop singing this song after watching Africa Dudes, and this is pretty great. It works perfectly with the music. Great job!

Every Newgrounds Tune Every Newgrounds Tune

I hear ya man

I'm sick of these four chords myself. Sure, I used them once or twice when I was first starting out making music, but I was 13 years old and didn't know shit about music. It didn't take long to figure out that it was generic sounding.

Recognition in the Audio Portal is all fucked up though, you pretty much don't get any valuable attention unless you're already popular somehow, or if you get lucky. People just don't seem interested in original music these days, they only want to hear what they've heard before and are used to.

5 stars because you obviously didn't submit this with the intention of getting high scores lol

mattuiop responds:

Haha. glad someone thinks the same! XD
Usualy people like scene fags and emos seem to make "good" dance tracks on fruityloops. FUN FACT: This was made with Ableton Live 8!
You should check out some of my other stuff as well to show I DO know how to make music!
Thanks for the review! :P

Morrowind [Ocarina] Morrowind [Ocarina]

Well

Honestly, for someone who has heard the original Morrowind theme, this is slightly disappointing. I've figured out the notes for this song before and played around with the melody, but I never uploaded any results because it couldn't come close to matching the original.

Copying the melody of a great song and simply playing it on one instrument just seems really lame if you've heard the original before. A fully developed remix of the original, same melody but entirely different genre, would be much better.

This is not comparable to the original, nor is it a very good song in itself as the ocarina is a low quality synthesized imitation of an ocarina, the melody isn't your own creation, and those are the only two things that make up this entire song.

It probably seems like I'm just bashing your song for no reason because I'm a Morrowind fan, but honestly, you could do a lot more than just copy the melody, and you didn't. That is why I criticize this song. If you don't want criticism, I encourage you to make a complete remix of the Morrowind theme, or simply refrain from submitting unoriginal melodies to the Audio Portal.

3 stars for allowing people who have never heard the original the privilege of hearing this amazing melody.

Forever Be Happy Eminem Remix Forever Be Happy Eminem Remix

Not really liking it..

And I'll tell you why.

Eminem's voice is annoying, even in the genre that it works best with (pop-hop), but mixed with a trance song? Just, no. It doesn't work. The lyrics don't work with the emotion of the music either; huge conflict going on there.

While adding the vocals does take some work, you've simply combined two people's music. That's not creating music, and the Audio Portal is more for original creations, not mash-ups.

I can however appreciate what you've done here. I've often thought of what it would be like to combine the vocals from one song with the music from another. I just don't think that these vocals match the song at all, and I also don't think the results of combining other people's music like that should be submitted to the portal.

Iownyoujk responds:

"eminems voice is annoying" then we have different opinions about that. And of course it's not going to fit perfectly, but some parts did fit pretty well.

I understand that adding vocals does not take a lot of work, but regardless, it is a remix. There are plenty of remixes on newgrounds, so I don't see what the big deal here is. It takes many different tries to mix something that fits decently with the song, I didn't necessarily just put this together because I felt like it, I did think it went well myself. Then again that's my opinion.

The definition of a remix is changing or mixing a song with something else, even if you did not make it. DJ's do this all the time. While yes, all I did was add vocals, I changed the song itself by adding vocals. I don't understand what is soo wrong about adding remixes on newgrounds. I don't know exactly what you were looking for when you saw the name of this song and clicked it.

I do appricate the review, and I'm glad to see what you think. Thanks for taking time to write it and tell me why you did not like it. I see exactly where you are coming from and I understand why you don't like it.

Trance with eminem vocals is definitely different, but I hope you at least listened to the full thing before you put in your opinion, because some parts really did fit together at some points. (In my opinion)

New Earth New Earth

Definitely feeling the fallout

Your friend was right about that feel, at least for the beginning. It's pretty cool actually; I would say that you could add Ambient into the list of genres that you have mixed in here. So far, I'm really enjoying your Electrechno genre; it's not easy to pin down, in a good way.

What you've done surprisingly well in this song is use classic Fruity Loops sounds and synths in very good ways, everything fitting right where it should. Typically, most of those presets end up not fitting well due to them being overused, but you did really well. I also really like how nice and long this song is; everything I write always ends up not breaking the 2 minute mark.

Very cool song!

Electrechno Electrechno

Haha nice

I've done the same thing before; I made a song, named it Skip-Hop, and realized that that was pretty much the genre that I would classify it as. Turned out to be an annoying as hell genre though haha, which is not the case here.

This is a great techno song, with a surprisingly fitting acoustic beat. Definitely some mixing going on there already. This song as a whole just has a nice fun feel to it that is great. Everything mixes well into it, and it never gets boring.

Using FL Slayer is a dangerous move no matter how good you are at mixing different genres, but you used it very discreetly and made it mix great. Props for that haha.

Great song here man! I like it! Best of luck with the future of your Electrechno.

Shining force 2 "Lonely" Shining force 2 "Lonely"

Pretty nice

I'm liking this smooth beat. Nice and chill. The synth that comes in is kind of annoying though; the Platinum Saw Sytrus preset probably wasn't the best one to go with, at least if you ask me, but at least it's not too loud. Overall, very nice song.